Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Collapse Details
    IronMan Uk 2011 (Bolton July 31st) 
    I was just wondering if anyone is taking part in the UK ironMan this year in Bolton.

    This will be my first IM and I cant wait! I completed my first 100mile cycle last weekend and so am feeling cautious optimism about the main event.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    York
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by runner88 View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone is taking part in the UK ironMan this year in Bolton.

    This will be my first IM and I cant wait! I completed my first 100mile cycle last weekend and so am feeling cautious optimism about the main event.
    Not me, did the outlaw last year. If you can do the century you'll be fine. Get the nutrition right on the bike and enjoy the day...G
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    201
    Done a few in my time - a new challenge everytime :)
    As Graeme says, get the bike right and you'll be great.

    Good luck......and enjoy
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London via Cape Town
    Posts
    6
    I haven't but I'm thinking about it as a potential good cross training challenge next year... RichL - when you say get the bike right do you mean the bike setup i.e. handlbars/tri-bike or the bike ride? I'm also pondering purchasing a road bike to go with my single speed and wondering if a tri-bike is essential kit or a road bike with those lean on bars is ok.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    London via Cape Town
    Posts
    6
    ah bike nutrition I see... questions re. bike still valid though!
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    York
    Posts
    358
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayde View Post
    ah bike nutrition I see... questions re. bike still valid though!
    Good discussion on the merits of road v tri bike here...

    http://forum.bcttt.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3701
    Last edited by GraemeH; 18-06-2011 at 01:20 PM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lincoln
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayde View Post
    I haven't but I'm thinking about it as a potential good cross training challenge next year... RichL - when you say get the bike right do you mean the bike setup i.e. handlbars/tri-bike or the bike ride? I'm also pondering purchasing a road bike to go with my single speed and wondering if a tri-bike is essential kit or a road bike with those lean on bars is ok.
    1. Nutrition on bike is critical - easy to carried away and not get calories in early

    2. Pace on bike is also key - don't start off too fast and leave your running legs on the bike. Have hit the wall massively during the bike and it wasn't a pleasant experience!

    .....but as always.....make sure you enjoy - it's a great feeling when you see the finishing chute
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    16
    Yeah i will be competing on Sunday, really looking forward to it. Weather forecast is good !
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    16
    How did you get on Runner88.?

    Loved the event, no real lows, fantastic support, will be back
    It doesn't get any easier, you just get faster!
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •