1. Collapse Details
    Ultramarathon Calendar 
    Hopefully thoughts are turning to shedding the Christmas excess, and what ultramarathon's we're all going to do this year?

The day-by-day global Ultramarathon calendar has been updated for 2013. There are over 650 worldwide ultra events now featured. The rest of the year from July to August will be updated very soon. The calendar can be found here.

http://www.beyondmarathon.com/ultramarathon_calendar

You can filter the calendar by country, as well as month and year. If you spot that any race is missing then please let me know and I'll get the event added straight away. Of course it's not just a calendar, every event shown includes detailed information as well as stats distance, time limits, location, web links and in many cases a downloadable Google Earth map of the routes too. The main website you can choose your race from the global Google Map. There are a lot of pins on there now, and more being added all the time!

Not all race directors have announced their race dates for mid to late 2013, so keep checking the Facebook page where I'll announce for updates to the Calendar, as well as post ultra news and big race previews and results.

Hope you find it useful! It seems be very popular judging by web traffic!

Rich
    Last edited by Rich; 05-03-2013 at 09:37 AM. Reason: updated for 2013

2. Collapse Details

I find it invaluable Rich, I keep dipping in from time to time to add stuff to my 'to do' list. Thanks for all the hard work you put in.
    I go everywhere in my UK Gear PT-1000 running shoes.; they are 'Built to survive". Just like me.

What does not destroy me, makes me strong.

www.getultrarunning.eu
    www.edandphil.co.uk

3. Collapse Details
    Ultramarathon Races 
    Thanks Edward. There are around 140 UK ultras now listed, and with the exception of half a dozen events I'm still working on, the ultramarathon calendar is up to date for the whole of 2012 now. I have a handful of new events to add on that I've found recentley. The rest of the world is up to date for 2012 up to June still. I'll finish those when I've got the UK updated, since that's where the vast majority of the web traffic comes from.

I've got a closely related UK-specific project in the pipeline which you'll all appreciate when I get it finished. It's probably a month away yet though. I'll keep you all posted.

I looked at the race list, from your newsletter, that you are your business partner are doing this year, and it's like looking at the whole of the UK's ultra list anyway! You are busy boys!

4. Collapse Details

Yes Phiilip's list is a bit busy. Surprisingly we are also looking after checkpoints at a few races, something I think not enough people do.
    I go everywhere in my UK Gear PT-1000 running shoes.; they are 'Built to survive". Just like me.

What does not destroy me, makes me strong.

www.getultrarunning.eu
    www.edandphil.co.uk

5. Collapse Details
    ultramarathon calendar 
    The beyond marathon website has been completely re-built and updated. it now uses a widewscreen world map as the landing page and you can zoom in and select your region and find races, or you can use the ultramarathon calendar

All races are bang up to date for 2013. There are around 170 UK ultras on the website now, and about 600 more elsewhere in the World. Hope it's useful when finding your next ultra!

Rich