1. Collapse Details
    Excellent MdS Training Camp 
    Just back from a fantastic training camp in Andalucia with Trailrunspain.com We had 4 days of running in beautiful but challenging scenery including a 22km mountain ascent. Base altitude is about 1000m so all good cv training and great practice for running when fatigued. Paul bateson, an MdS veteran, is a wealth of knowledge and gave us a great goody bag complete with 2 buffs and enough Eletewater for the race.The venue, Al Hama de Granada, is a picture postcard Andalucian town steeped in history (we stayed in the Spanish Inquisition HQ, cue Python jokes a plenty) and non-running partners like my long suffering wife can explore the town or take Paul's dogs for extended walks. Daytime highs were up to 22C and prices are very reasonable in the town. one bit of advice: beware dropping into the Tigre Bar for a "quick drink" as Antonio, the owner, will ply you with free drinks and tapas and it's always rude to refuse!

2. Collapse Details

I discovered Elete water when I ran the Al Andalus Ultimate Trail (brilliant race organised by Paul Bateson). I didn't like the taste, but now I add a little flavour to it (Tang - a powdered squash mix I bought in South Africa) and it is perfect. I used this combination in the Kalahari Augrabies Extreme Marathon and my hydration was spot on.
    I go everywhere in my UK Gear PT-1000 running shoes.; they are 'Built to survive". Just like me.

What does not destroy me, makes me strong.

www.getultrarunning.eu
    www.edandphil.co.uk

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Edward View Post
    I discovered Elete water when I ran the Al Andalus Ultimate Trail (brilliant race organised by Paul Bateson). I didn't like the taste, but now I add a little flavour to it (Tang - a powdered squash mix I bought in South Africa) and it is perfect. I used this combination in the Kalahari Augrabies Extreme Marathon and my hydration was spot on.
    They now do a citrus elete that I haven't tried yet Edward. I might try it out when I finish my current stock.

4. Collapse Details

The idea of Eletewater is that it hasn't any taste but you get the electrolytes, if you want taste you can add half a NUUN to 750ml, ordinary fruit juice or a squeeze of lemon. Most folk after a day or so of sweet, flavoured electrolyte water, want to drink plain water, big mistake as it will just dilute your body salts and can be dangerous. Most folk drink too much anyway. At AAUT you can be tested at end of each stage and you can also eat well in the local villages after each stage. Even if it is 40C it is generally a dry heat and much more comfortable than 20C in high humidity.
    Train Fast - Race Faster; Train Slow - Race Slow!!
    bolt

5. Collapse Details

Paul's running his next camp in November and then another over Xmas week - hardcore!

http://www.trailrunspain.com/