We use cookies to give you the best experience possible. By continuing we’ll assume you’re on board with our cookie policy

Hey there, Don't forget to log in and join the conversation Log in

RUNULTRA FORUMS

Training Forum
RunUltra forums > Training Forum > Yorkshire dales. View modes: 
Mick Wadd - 01/09/2018 17:49:00

Yorkshire dales.
Hi folks, fairly new to this ultra malarkey, but fortunate enough to live near the three peaks and the upper wharfedale areas of the Yorkshire dales - anyone else training around here?
I don't seem to have much spare time but I'm thinking go long once or twice a month, and hilly stuff/easy runs for the rest..? Oh, and pilates.

Advanced member
Advanced member
SarahCrunning - 02/09/2018 01:17:07

RE:Yorkshire dales.
Hi Mick,

This is a great video for newer ultra runners: https://www.runultra.co.uk/Training/January-2018/How-to-tackle-your-first-ultra

We also have lots of helpful articles and training plans in our training section. Do you have a race that you're working towards?

Best wishes

Sarah
Sarah Cooke

Mick Wadd - 02/09/2018 19:36:32

RE:Yorkshire dales.
Hi Sarah, yes, a couple but not til next year. There’s the Northumberland coastal 35 miler in Feb, and the Fellsman which I’ve done a couple of times but a while ago; this time I want to have a real go at it rather than just a ‘finish’.
I also will probably do either the Kiekder shorty or the Haworth bobble as a run up to the Fellsman.

29 user(s) on-line: 0 registered and 29 guests