We use cookies to give you the best experience possible. By continuing we’ll assume you’re on board with our cookie policy

Hey there, Don't forget to log in and join the conversation Log in

RUNULTRA FORUMS

Running Kit
RunUltra forums > Running Kit > Customer Care Experiences View modes: 
Advanced member
Advanced member
ultraventure - 19/08/2018 13:38:32

Customer Care Experiences
Having done a few races recently, I discovered things that didn't really work for me with different pieces of equipment. Mostly these are with me rather than the manufacturer, so I contacted them looking for advice. It has now shaped my views and opinions of my experience.

THE GOOD:
ON Running - (product defect + advice) amazing customer care and very helpful
Fitbit (tech issues) Excellent customer care and very helpful
Hoka - (feet getting beaten up on tough ultras) Excellent, quick response and helpful advice
Patagonia (general query) good customer care and I got free stickers!
Garmin (watch issues) Have a dedicated team for customer care and do pretty well with customer returns and solving issues/advice
Black Diamond - Copy/paste email response to submit a warranty claim (asked them about purchasing spares to repair my folding poles). However after this email they seemed to warm up and provided useful advice and support

THE BAD
Runderwear - either by email or phone - they really were not sure what their product did or how it works
Ronhill (jacket specification suggestion) still not heard from them (2wk+)

THE UGLY
Salomon - (shorts chafing issue) for all their marketing and social media they really don't like dealing with customers. I was told that they have never heard of anyone experiencing chafing with their S-Lab shorts - end of conversation!
GORE - (shorts chafing issue) Even though I contacted them via the email address on their site - they refused to deal directly with me and told me to direct all queries through the shop I bought their product from

The results were pretty surprising and I am wondering what other people's experience is with brands customer care?

Advanced member
Advanced member
ultraventure - 28/08/2018 15:55:17

RE:Customer Care Experiences

29 user(s) on-line: 0 registered and 29 guests